Caleb seems to be doing great. You can tell he is thinking a lot faster than he types because his letters are often random and disjointed that you get done reading the letter and wonder what is really going on with him. But he sounds good and seems like he is really enjoying life in Argentina. Here are a few tidbits from his letters and a few pictures:
~The world cup was crazy. We had to stay inside during all the games and
it was crazy when they won and also when they lost. Everyone including
the missionaries are sad that Argentina lost. It was cool to be here
during it though. At least jerseys will be a lot cheaper to buy now.
~There are enough dogs here for everyone in the world to have 5. It´s funny to see packs of dogs just running around. You have to be careful though. A bite is really bad and a terribly long process.
~There was a Dog in the Chapel yesterday. We had to chase it out. They
are always dogs everywhere all the time. If you need a dog, write me.
~I really love the self reliance part of being a missionary. I started a budget for this month and I am noting all my transactions. It´s a good habit to get started. I love cooking and I am learning new things each week. This week I learned how to make whipped cream by hand. I love doing my laundry actually. Our washer still isn´t fixed so we just use it for a big bucket. We do have a centrifugal dryer. (It just spins the clothes around really fast.) It´s convenient because we have everything in the city here. We have woolite, color bleach, another brand of spray and wash, and today I finally found spot dry cleaning spray for my suit coats and ties. Very useful. I like doing the dishes and taking care of our pension. I think the university living should be just fine.
| This "is of a model chainsaw a member made. Very realistic." |
| With one of his trainers. (He went home after the first 6 weeks and so Caleb was assigned another trainer.) |
This probably sums up the gist of all of his letters: "I´m all good, I love the work and I never want to come home."
All of this happiness makes me happy! Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment