Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Email to Tom; 9:16 AM

(A few anecdotal notes have been added.)

Honey,
Do you want the good news or bad news first?

I thought so.

Bad news:

~Got stuck on the hill by the Jr. High taking Caleb to school. The road was icy and I couldn't move, so he had to get out and push. You would have thought the world had ended. Poor thing.

~Came home to see ice cream sitting on the cupboard; Chandler had brought it up from the deep freeze for my dessert (for a Primary meeting). He had set it on the edge of the counter overhanging slightly and it was dripping out of the card board container and splattering onto the floor. Who knew melted ice cream could splat so much.

~Went to get the dishtowels (from underneath the kitchen sink) to throw in the washing machine and noticed the cupboard was dripping wet. The bucket under there was overflowing a lot. (We just barely fixed a leak and thankfully I left the bucket there; I guess we will be readdressing that leak. . .)

~Opened the pantry to get a cracker for Tess and the Nesquik fell off the shelf, the lid must not have been screwed on, so Nesquik spilled everywhere.

~Realized that I don't have any small paper plates to serve my dessert on tonight.

~Still haven't gotten ready for the day; the girls have spent the morning thus far in front of the TV and are beyond grumpy and whiny.

~Made a boatload of dishes for me to do so early in the morning.

Good news:

~I got the previously mentioned messes cleaned up.

~I did get bread put in the bread machine.

~I got my dessert made.

~The dishtowels are washing.

~TV is a life saver.

~I get to stay home and enjoy it all!

Gotta go. . .Greta just de-diapered!

I love you.
darcee

1 comment:

This Idaho Girl said...

Can I just say how happy it makes me that you are 100% normal. I've just been feeling completely inadequate about my mothering/homemaking skills. Thanks for making me smile.