Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Integrity

"I feel it is always good strategy to stand up for the right, even when it is unpopular. Perhaps I should say, especially when it is unpopular." --President Ezra Taft Benson--

I put this quote on the wall a few years ago in hopes that it would strengthen my children when they came to a difficult choice. But lately it has been pulling me through. . . being the mom of teenagers I'm not always popular with them, even though that would sure be easier sometimes. But I am reminded to stand up for the right especially when it is unpopular. (and it will be okay)

2 comments:

Angela said...

I like that, it's good to be reminded.

Katie and Dennis said...

I'm usually the unpopular, mean mom. J has one friend that I particularly like because he has to accomplish chores before he can come over to play. Makes me really like his parents! It is hard to be the parents with the highest expectations. Not too popular! And like you say, it is OKAY! Someday our kids will realize that.